2021 Shell Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship Application: The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Joint Venture is accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021 cycle of Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship. The Sabbatical attachment offers Senior Lecturers the opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to SPDC.
The postgraduate research internship provides opportunities for Nigerian Postgraduate students to gain industry-related work experience and carry out topical research within the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd.
Internship Sponsor(s): Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria
Internship to be taken at: Nigeria
Internship Worth: Not specified
Internship Slot: Not specified
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Nigeria
Course Eligibility: See Teams/Disciplines
You may also like: Microsoft Internships, Graduate and Experienced Job Positions – Apply
Internship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2021 Shell Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship Application, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above or must be a Postgraduate student currently enrolled in a full-time study programme at any Nigerian university.
- Applicants must be interested in carrying out research in areas or disciplines that are within the thematic areas of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the interns of SPDC.
For the Sabbatical Research for Lecturers
Duration: 12 Months (Non-renewable)
Teams / Disciplines:
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Biodiversity, Environmental Toxicology, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrobiology, Water Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Ecology, etc.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment; and GMoU Implementation
- Community Health: Consultant Community Health; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; and Paediatrics.
- Oil Spill Response: Mechanized Bioremediation.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
For Postgraduate Research Students
Duration: 6-12 Months (Non-renewable)
Teams / Disciplines:
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Environmental Compliance Monitoring
- Occupational Health: Health Promotion; and Epidemiology/ Statistics.
- Oil Spill Response: Eco friendly Bioremediation (Non-intrusive, In-situ).
Other Offers: OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program in Austria, 2020
Julius Berger Internship for Engineering Undergraduates 2021
Application Procedures for the 2021 Shell Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship Application
Applicants are to apply online by visiting the official application website to complete the online application form. Applicants should have a valid email and phone number.
Applicants are expected to submit the following in the online form:
- A summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SCiN business during the 12 months sabbatical (400 words maximum)
- Personal and educational details.
- Relevant Work Experience
- Maximum of three (3) referees
- Application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- Research Proposal including: Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome (1300 words maximum).
Application Deadline: 22nd September, 2020