Youth Leadership Programme at LEAP Africa: LEAP Africa in collaboration with BudgIT Foundation & MAcArthur Foundation is announcing its call for application for the Youth Leadership Programme 2021.
The programme has as its objectives the empowering of young people with leadership skills to be socially active citizens and with tools to engage in change programmes and projects in their various localities in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Programme Sponsor(s): LEAP Africa
Programme to be taken at: Nigeria
Programme level: Undergraduates
Programme Benefits: Intensive training, mentoring, coaching that inspires action on social problems and the SDGs
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The programme is for Nigerian undergraduates.
You May Like: LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme for Recent Graduates
Youth Leadership Programme at LEAP Africa | DETAILS
The Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) is a 4-month Blended Leadership programme for young Nigerian Undergraduates aged 18-30 years which aims at equipping and empowering them with the skills, knowledge and resources required to become transformative leaders and active citizens. Over the years alumni of the YLP network is advocating for good governance, started social enterprises and making impactful contributions across the nation. The programme will include intensive training, mentoring, coaching that inspires action on social problems and the SDGs through the power of skills, active citizenship, leadership as well as social entrepreneurship. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply and obtain the necessary skills.
To be considered for the Youth Leadership Programme at LEAP Africa 2021, organizations are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are to be undergraduate students studying in a higher institution in Nigeria who is between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicants are to form a team of between 3-5 people committed to attending online training and available for mentoring.
- Team members can be from different higher institutions in Nigeria.
- Applicants are to demonstrate strong academic and leadership potential and must show commitment to complete the programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong communication skills both verbal and written. Applicants must be able to express themselves in English language as it will be the major language of communication during the programme.
- Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes (Fully-Funded to UK)
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship (Young Leaders’ Program) 2022-2023
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Youth Leadership Programme at LEAP Africa are to note the following:
- The first step involves applicants forming a team of 3 to 5 persons who share the same vision, drive and commitment towards social problems and choose a team leader.
- The second step will involve introducing your team and sharing your social challenge and why your team should be selected in a 2-minute video. Upload the video on YouTube or Google Drive and include the link in your online application.
- The third step involves application submission. It involves completing the application form where the team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team. Team leaders are to ensure that all team members are interested in and committed to the overall goal and objective of the programme.
Application Deadline: 24th November, 2021
My name is Ayele Gebremariam from Ethiopia .I Have Bachelor of Science in animal Science .Now I have vission to study Master of Science (Msc) . I request you to sponsor me by covering education and related costs .