West African Research Center Travel Grant: The West African Research Association (WARA) announces the 2021/2022 Travel Grant for African scholars and graduate students undertaking research to visit other institutions on the continent.
The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions in Africa.
West African Research Center Travel Grant | DETAILS
The grant may be used to attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the continent of Africa as well as visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work. It also helps to promote collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution and also to travel to a research site in Africa.
The WARC Travel Grant will provide travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
See also: PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for Africans 2021/2022
To be eligible for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2021/2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a scholar or graduate student from any West African country.
- Must have affiliations with African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2021 are to complete an online application.
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose.
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers).
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record).
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents.
- Provide a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference: – an abstract of the paper to be read and a letter of acceptance to the conference.
- If visiting another institution: – invitation from host institution.
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials: – a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research.
- If you are a graduate student: letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research.
You may like: TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training for Young Scientists 2021
Application Deadline: 15th October 2021