PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants: Applications are requested from doctoral African students for the Partnership for Skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for the 2022 session.
The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET which focuses on transformative technologies that have a far-reaching positive impact on the society.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): African Governments, European Commission, the World Bank and the Government of Korea.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology, Nairobi, Kenya
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Award(s): Several
Study level: Postgraduate
PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants | DETAILS
PASET is an African-led initiative aimed at strengthening skills in the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa. RSIF is poised to train PhD students and post-doctoral researchers at selected African universities to address the human resource gap of qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering and technology (ASET).
To be considered for the PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants for Africans 2022, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country with a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD (see Link to the AHU PhD programs)
- Be willing to enrol full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research placement at an international partner.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- ICT including Big data and artificial intelligence; Food security and agri-business; Minerals, mining and materials engineering; Energy including renewables; Climate change are the eligible areas of study.
- The scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs.
- RSIF PhD scholars will be given access to competitive research grants from RSIF upon completion of the PhD.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the PASET Regional Doctoral Scholarships and Grants are to apply online and should note that only complete applications submitted online will be accepted. If there is any challenges encountered when navigating the application system, please contact [email protected].
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2021 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC +3)