Applications are hereby invited from eligible students interested in Wellcome Trust Master’s Studentship 2021-22. The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) has been awarded funding by the Wellcome Trust (through their Master’s Programme Awards in Humanities and Social Science) to support one studentship per year for three years (2019/20 – 2021/22) through MSc Public Health.
The Wellcome Trust Master’s Programme Awards in Humanities and Social Science scheme aims to build an influential and diverse population of talented researchers in the humanities and social sciences in order to improve the understanding of human health.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wellcome Trust/ LSHTM.
Scholarships to be taken at: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Scholarship Type: Education Support.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters).
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee, stipend of GBP 17,000.00 and field work expenses.
Subject Eligibility: health-related humanities or social science research
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International Students
Also Check: Next Generation Social Science Research Awards 2021
Wellcome Trust Master’s Studentship 2021-22 at LSHTM | ELIGIBILITY
- Candidates will be expected to be planning a career in health-related humanities or social science research.
- Candidates should hold, or be expected to hold by 1 September 2021, qualifications of the same standard as a good honours degree at first or upper second class level from a UK academic institution in a humanities or social science discipline.
- Applicants are also expected to demonstrate experience in health-related humanities or social science research
- The studentship is only available to applicants who are assessed to have ‘Home’ (UK) fee status, according to the regulations set out on the UKCISA website.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 entry for the London-based (face-to face) MSc Public Health programme.
The successful student will be required to follow a humanities and social science ‘pathway’ through the MSc Public Health scheme. This will involve taking modules in humanities and social science disciplines and using one or more of these approaches in the MSc project.
The Award Benefits
The studentship will support:
- tuition fees at the Home (UK) full-time fee rate for one year; and
- tax-free stipend of GBP 17,000.00, paid out to the awardee directly in 12 monthly instalments; and
- expenses for MSc project fieldwork of up to GBP 1,044.00.
You May Like: GSK Scholarships 2021-22 for Future Health Leaders at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
How-to-Apply: The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below.
Applicants must submit a complete application for MSc Public Health via LSHTM’s online application portal. Complete applications, including all necessary supporting documents, must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the Scholarship application deadline.
Applicants must submit an application for this studentship funding via our Scholarships online application form by deadline and upload a completed supplementary questions form for the scholarship application.
Application Deadline: 18 April 2021 (23:59 BST)