UN Volunteer Jobs 2021: If you are interested and ready to become a UN Volunteer, you can join a million others to register and become an international volunteer through any of the available opportunities cutting across a wide range of professions. UN volunteer job – available to volunteers from any part of the globe
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve humanity and at the same time make a living, then apply for UN volunteer job.
UN Volunteers Program 2021 | DETAILS
All you need to know about the UN Volunteers Program 2021 and how to apply to become a volunteer are detailed in this post as follows;
What It Involves
- The International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
- Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches.
- Your volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts.
- As a volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences and More.
Requirement for Becoming a UN Volunteer
The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer or to take up the United Nations volunteer job are:
- 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- university degree or higher technical diploma
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- good working knowledge of at least one of UNV’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
- commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- ability to work in a multicultural environment
- willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset.
UN Volunteer Online Registration and Participation
Online volunteering have been crucial to upscale the impact of Youth. They are calls to become a UN online volunteer which is especially helpful during this COVID-19 period. Coming from different countries and ethnicities, these online volunteers bring a variety of skills to the table. They have applied their skills and knowledge through a range of activities, including proofreading and translating communications materials, conducting research supporting COVID-19 related efforts. You can also choose to be a UN online volunteer.
You May Like: UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Campaign 2021
Applying for the Regional/Country UN Volunteer Job
In most cases you can apply for the UN volunteer job through the regional grouping or at the country level – your home country. At the UN volunteer login or special calls page, seven (7) regions are listed as (below):
- Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- East and Southern Africa
- Europe and the CIS
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- West and Central Africa
Applicants will have to select any of the regions in which they have nationality or desire to volunteer.
Volunteer Duration and Benefits (Service Conditions)
- International UN Volunteers assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time.
- International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances.
- The allowances is not necessarily salary but given for the purpose of sustenance during your service.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the UN volunteer job or for becoming a volunteer, you will take the following steps;
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
- The first step to volunteer abroad with the UN is to determine whether you meet the minimum requirements.
Step 2: Register
- If you meet the minimum requirements, next you will proceed to the UN volunteer login page and register your profile in the Global Talent Pool.
Step 3: Find A Volunteer Opportunity
- To submit an application and become a volunteer, you simply should select a suitable volunteer opportunity from the special calls or from the pools of opportunities and apply.
Hint: You can find opportunities easily by checking the country/region box or simply scroll through the list of recently posted opportunities to find the ones that suits you.
Application Deadline: Varies
Also Recommended: International Committee of Red Cross Volunteer Jobs and Internships 2021