Vacancies at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP): The United Nations World Food Programme invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill various vacant positions.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Check Also: Fresh Job Vacancies at International Alert
WFP is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions (below):
1.) Administration Officer, P4
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration or other related fields related to facilities and organization administration, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility and out of which 2 years of international experience.
- Proven experience in administration and cross-functional working knowledge.
- Proven experience in leading multiple projects and providing substantial strategic input into function policies.
- Proven experience in providing high-quality customer service in complex environments.
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures; international contract formats and asset management procedures.
- Proven experience in managing, developing and coaching multi-disciplinary teams, in an international environment.
- Proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders.
- Leading monitoring and reporting activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, as well as proven ability to use and manage integrated business management systems, such as SAP or other similar systems, in order to extract data and contribute to effective, informed decision-making.
Application Deadline: 5th August, 2020.
2.) Programme Policy Officer / Partnership
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International affairs, / Humanitarian / Development Studies, Marketing, Public relations or any other relevant areas, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of relevant professional experiences in partnerships management in the humanitarian or development operations.
- Experience in Partnership and FLAs processing
- Experience working in collaboration with NGO and Government stakeholders
- Experience in reporting, planning and analysis of programme output and outcome data
- General knowledge of project/programme systems and standards
- Working knowledge of office applications (word, spreadsheet, power point)
- English proficiency.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2020.
3.) Programme Policy Officer (Gender) – NOC
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University Degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Gender, International Development, International Relations, Human Rights, Political Science, or another related field.
- Language: Working knowledge (Proficiency / Level C) of English is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible relevant professional and practical experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming / operations
- Experience in writing analytical documents and reports
- Experience in conducting participatory gender and age analyses, utilising mixed methods
- Experience in delivering gender-related training and capacity-strengthening initiatives.
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2020.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.