The International College of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is now accepting applications for the USTC Fellowship for Doctoral Programs, which is available to Doctoral students.
The USTC Fellowship for doctoral programs has three levels: Level A is funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS-ANSO Scholarship), includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and monthly stipend of up to 7,000 RMB.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): USTC, China
- Host Institution(s): USTC, China
- Funding Amount: Tuition waiver & monthly stipend of 7,000 RMB
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Doctoral
- Nationality: International Students
In order to be eligible for USTC Fellowship for Doctoral Programs, applicants must fulfil the requirements listed (below):
- Applicants who are Non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, in good physical and mental health.
- Applicants for doctoral program must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China).
- Those who plan to obtain their degrees should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2024.
- Applicants for USTC Fellowship Level A for doctoral programs should be under the age of 35 by September 1st, 2024. Applicants for USTC Fellowship Level B/C for doctoral programs should be under the age of 40 by September 1st, 2024.
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese should have passed new HSK Level 4 or above; applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying at a high school / university where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test exemption. Applicants for programs instructed in English need to provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC.
- Applicants cannot take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
Successful applicants for the USTC Fellowship for Doctoral Programs will receive following benefits:
- Level A, funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS-ANSO Scholarship), includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and monthly stipend of up to 7,000 RMB;
- Level B, funded by Ministry of Education (Chinese Government Scholarship) or USTC, includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, monthly stipend of 3,500 RMB and accommodation subsidy;
- Level C, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver. Subsidy for Teaching Assistance or Research Assistance will be available for application after enrolment.
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates seeking for USTC Fellowship for Doctoral Programs should follow these steps:
- Create your account in the online application system;
- Fill in all the information and upload the documents as required
Note: After submission of your application, please keep checking your email box used for login in the application system for further application documentation, online interview information and so on.
You are also required to submit the following Application materials:
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the Annex)
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOEFL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcripts for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
Application Deadline: Not Stated