US- Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship (Fully funded): For a greater opportunity to cover your study expenses, you are hereby invited to apply for the U.S Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program (TLU) supports students in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by providing undergraduate level academic matriculation
TLU is a leadership-training program, partnering with leading U.S.-accredited universities in the MENA region to build a cadre of community, business, and national leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally-skilled.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): US- Middle East Partnership Initiative & TLU
Scholarships to be taken at: US- Middle East Partnership Initiative & TLU.
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition, Housing, Monthly living allowance etc
Subject Eligibility: Various courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
US- Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship | Details
TLU targets students from around the region who are academically qualified, but who are otherwise unable to afford American-style higher education. Students will enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program in one of the hosting institutions: The American University of Beirut (AUB), The Lebanese American University (LAU) in Lebanon and The American University in Cairo (AUC) in Egypt. Each host university offers a civic awareness and leadership-based component and participants receive mentoring and internship opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations. In addition each student has an opportunity to study abroad in the U.S. for one semester.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to attain the following eligibility criteria for the US- Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship
- Applicants must be international students
- For the fall 2021 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria (Syrians residing outside of Syria), Yemen, and Iraq;
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2020. In Yemen, Syria and Iraq current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019 or 2020;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training if needed;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2021.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must be Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants are being recruited from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The values of the US- Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship include:
- Full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years)
- Housing (double room occupancy)
- University health insurance
- Entrance visa and residency permit fees
- Monthly living allowance
- Two yearly round trip tickets from and to your home country
- Opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S. (subject to maintaining a CGPA of 3.0 and above)
- Civic leadership and career-oriented workshop
- Internship opportunities
- Faculty mentorship and guidance
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the US- Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship can access the online application through Tomorrow’s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2020