US-MEPI Leadership Development Fellowship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the US-MEPI Leadership Development Fellowship for leaders from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
The Fellowship will provide emerging and civic engagement and social entrepreneurship leaders across sectors from the MENA region to participate in a 5-stage, 12-month Fellowship to identify innovative ways to address social and economic challenges in local communities.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): United States and the Middle East Partnership Initiative
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 12 months
Nationality: Middle East and North African countries
US-MEPI Leadership Development Fellowship | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be considered for the Leadership Fellowship, interested candidates are to meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 28 and 35 years of age and must have at least five (5) years of professional work experience in a relevant field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of civic engagement and/or social entrepreneurship experience.
- Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be willing and able to participate fully in all five stages of the Fellowship.
- Applicants for the English Track component of the fellowship must come from Algeria, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Israel, or Bahrain.
- English Track component applicants must have strong written and oral English proficiency and be able to function comfortably in English-speaking academic and professional environments.
- Arabic Track applicants must be from Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, or Bahrain.
- Applicants in both tracks must be able to function comfortably in Arabic-speaking academic and professional environments.
How-to-Apply: Applicants interested in allying for the US-MEPI Leadership Development Fellowship are to complete an online application; record a video statement; and submit a resume, a professional reference form, a certificate of graduation, and a passport copy (if available).
Application Deadline: August 27, 2021