The Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship is currently open for applications from interested and eligible candidates. This is to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarships are tuition fees credits and have a value of up to NZD$15,000 for undergraduate students and up to NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students, and are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic achievement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Waikato, New Zealand
Host Institution(s): University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: NZD$15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
See Also: Curtin University Singapore Academic Scholarship for International Students 2023
DETAILS | Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
The number of scholarships offered, and value of each scholarship offered is at the discretion of the Scholarships Committee and is based on criteria such as: funding available, intended programme of study, duration of intended programme of study, number of credits enrolled and GPA equivalency.
It may also be based on but not limited to financial need, total available funding, number of applicants, and chosen degree programme. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for the agreed programme of study either at the time of enrolment or once their enrolment is completed.
Successful applicants will be called upon to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
To be eligible for Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be applying to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme
- Applicants applying as a new international student to the University of Waikato
- Applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for a degree packaged with the Certificate of Attainment in English Language; the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies; Certificate of University Preparation; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University of Waikato);
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato;
- Applicants must not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate programme not have paid fees at the time of application;
- Applicants must not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body
- Applicants must not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
Also Apply: Massey University International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship 2023
How-to-Apply: Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time and decisions will normally be made within 8 to 12 weeks of the time of application. Applicants must upload all of the following as part of their online application:
- Conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato;
- A personal statement that sets out the following (on the template):
- In 100 words or less tell us why you want to study at the University of Waikato?
- In 100 words or less tell us how you will be a global ambassador for the University of Waikato?
If for any reason a recipient is unable to complete enrolment and begin study at University of Waikato within the same calendar year, they may request a deferral of their scholarship completing the Scholarships Variation Request Form.
Application Deadline: Not Stated