The University of Southern Denmark through the Mads Clausen Institute is currently seeking for a suitable candidate for a 3-year position as PhD Research Fellow within the area of theoretical condensed-matter theory for 2D materials with the starting date September 1, 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Danish Ministry of Finance and Danish Confederation of Professional Associations
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
DETAILS | SD University PhD Research Scholarships
The position is supported by a research grant from the Independent Research Fund Denmark (DFF) awarded to Prof. N. Asger Mortensen (SDU) and Prof. Nuno M. R. Peres (University of Minho) for research in “Polaritons in twisted bilayer materials”.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
To be eligible for University of Southern Denmark PhD Research Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrolment and employment.
- Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3,378 – EURO per month incl. supplements).
- Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school.
- Employment and enrolment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
- A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of side-line employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
How-to-Apply: You can apply for the job at Faculty of Engineering by completing the application form. The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Motivated cover letter. Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both the original documents and in professional English translation.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- References (names and emails) and reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022