University of Queensland Scholarships for Excellence: Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates for the University of Queensland Scholarships for Excellence in Humanities and Social Sciences. The scholarships are aimed at supporting students from low finance states to achieve their educational dream. You can see details and apply for this scholarship and other scholarship Opportunities and supports.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Partial Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate Degree Level
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Limited support $10,000 per year for up to two years.
Subject Eligibility: Courses in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Please see Scholarship Eligibility
English Language Requirement: May not be required, you may need to see admission requirements
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Your UQ application must be assessed and you must have received an unconditional offer by 31 May 2019 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
To be eligible, a student must:
- be an citizen of and residing in either:
- Indonesia; or
- Latin America; or
- Malaysia; or
- Vietnam; and
- not simultaneously hold another scholarship.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure for the University of Queensland Scholarships for Excellence in Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer.
Documents Requirement: Once you have received your offer, complete the scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.