University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships 2021-2022: The University of Newcastle – Australia is inviting applications from Outstanding and suitably qualified students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University. They will be awarded to domestic and international students on the basis of academic excellence.
The new scholarships recognise outstanding academic performance and provide students with the support they require to continue in their degrees and to identify with their degree programs as successful degree ambassadors, and as future graduates and alumni.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Newcastle – Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Newcastle – Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Award: 52 approximately
Subject Eligibility: Refers to eligible courses offered at the University(below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships.
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in at least 40 units each semester.
- Have maintained continuous fulltime enrolment in your program.
- Students going into their second year of study must have completed 80 units of full-time study and be continuing into the second year of the same program.
- Students going into the third year of study must have completed 160 units of full-time study and be continuing into the third year of their program.
- Students going into the fourth year of study must have completed 240 units of full-time study and be continuing on in to the fourth year of their program (consideration may be given to end-on Honours).
- Students must have achieved a minimum GPA of Distinction average to be considered for this Scholarship (does not apply to Medicine programs with ungraded pass grades).
- Students must not hold a concurrent scholarship with UON of equal or higher value.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Newcastle – Australia
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Newcastle’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- The eligible courses for University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships is open for an undergraduate degree in Faculty of Business and Law, Faculty of Education and Arts, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, Faculty of Health and Medicine, and Faculty of Science.
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
The value of the University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships range from $10,000 paid in two installments of $5,000 after the semester 1 and 2 census dates.
How-to-Apply: No application is required for the University of Newcastle Academic Excellence Scholarships. Selection is a competitive process, based on course outcomes and can take into account both cumulative GPA and/or course progress in any given prior year of study.
Selection will be on the basis of final grades after Semester 2 fully graded date. Offers will be made after this time.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2021