University of New South Wales Research Scholarship in Australia: Applications are currently open for outstanding and committed international students who have achieved outstanding academic success and who have shown significant leadership qualities for PhD Scholarship in the Law of the Sea. This scholarship is available for PhD students who wish to enroll in a research program at University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia for 2020/2021 academic session.
The Faculty of Law, UNSW Sydney, wishes to offer a PhD Scholarship to support a candidate with outstanding research potential in the Law of the Sea. It is intended that the successful applicant will commence their studies in Term 1 of 2021. The Scholarship is to support a specific Faculty member and their project.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of New South Wales, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of New South Wales, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092 per annum with Faculty top-up (AUD $5,000 p.a.)
Subject Eligibility: Faculty of Law
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of New South Wales Research Scholarship in Australia;
- Applicants must domestic or international students.
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD research program in the Law of the Sea.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking, and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of New South Wales, Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of New South Wales’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship, Australia
Applicants should also attach copies of ALL academic transcripts, including for programs started but not completed, relevant publications, a CV, and their research proposal. Details for two academic or professional referees must be provided (referees will be contacted only if an applicant is being considered for shortlisting).
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview, which will take place either in person (preferable) or by Skype/telephone. Shortlisted applicants may also be asked to produce short pieces of written work or research as part of the selection process.
The Scholarship application process is separate from applying for admission to UNSW. Successful applicants will then be expected to complete the formal admission process and, if an international applicant, to apply for a TFS in the normal scholarship rounds.
Application Deadline: September 8, 2020