The University of Melbourne through Melbourne Law School is delighted to offer the University of Melbourne Doctor of Laws (LLD) Scholarship to international students who wish to enrol for the program at the University for 2023 – 2024 academic session.
Melbourne Law School aims to admit outstanding graduates from a wide variety of countries and to provide them with a world class experience in undertaking a graduate research degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: UBC Doctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023 | Fully Funded
Melbourne Doctor of Law (LLD) Scholarship | DETAILS
The work submitted for examination must be of such a standard that it makes a substantial and original contribution to legal scholarship and is of such standard as to give the candidate authoritative standing in the field of the candidate’s study.
The degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) is the highest qualification available by examination within Melbourne Law School.
To be eligible for University of Melbourne Doctor of Laws (LLD) Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants must have an offer to enrol for the program at the University
- Applicants must be a graduate in law of the University of Melbourne of at least four years’ standing; or a graduate of another university who has held a recognised degree for at least four years and received adequate training for legal scholarship.
- Applications to enrol in the degree normally follow an invitation from Melbourne Law School to individuals of considerable seniority and with a connection to Melbourne Law School.
- Policy and procedures for the degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) (by examination) are available in Courses, Subjects, Awards and Programs Policy (MPF1327) – Higher Doctorates.
- Applicants must also meet the University’s English language requirements.
See Also: Fully-Funded University of Nottingham PhD studentship 2023
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the University of Melbourne Doctor of Laws (LLD) Scholarship, applicants should have formal application for admission to candidature for the LLD comprises a nomination by a Melbourne Law School academic. The nomination should be addressed to the Dean of Melbourne Law School.
A successful request for admission to candidature must first be made before a body of work is submitted for examination.
The proposer should have sufficient familiarity with the proposed candidate and the candidate’s field of research to enable the proposer to recommend that the quality of the work(s) to be submitted warrants the award of LLD.
Application Deadline: Not Stated