The University of Copenhagen is currently accepting applications for a PhD fellowship in European Language and Literature from eligible and outstanding students. The Department of English, Germanic and Romance Studies at the University of Copenhagen will be offering the fully-funded 3-year PhD scholarship commencing 1 September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The PhD is a part of the research project: ‘Where Love Happens: Topographies of Emotions in European Literature and Culture in the Long Nineteenth Century’.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Fellowship level: PhD
Fellowship Worth: Full funding (see scholarship benefits below)
Subject Eligibility: European Language and Literature
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowship in European Language | DETAILS
The fellowship is part of a research project: ‘Where Love Happens: Topographies of Emotions in European Literature and Culture in the Long Nineteenth Century’. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated to work on a PhD project provisionally entitled ‘Languages of Love’ as part of our four-year collective project funded by the Danish Velux Foundation.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Composition and appointment of academic assessment committees and consultation of interested parties.
- Applicants must have a masters degree in the relevant field.
- Candidates must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- Applicants may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
- Applicants must hold excellent academic records.
- Consultation of interested parties in regard to the assessment.
- Departmental recommendation to the Dean regarding employment.
- Consultation with the Danish Agency for International Education.
- PhD Committee recommendation for enrolment.
- Head of the Graduate School authorization of enrolment.
- Fully-funded scholarship.
- The University of Copenhagen will provide a monthly salary that begins around DKK 27,593.77 DKK /approx. 3,910 EUR (April 2020-level) plus pension.
How-to-Apply: Your application must be submitted electronically, you can click here to start application now. The application must include the following documents:
- Project abstract (max. 1,200 characters)
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page) A detailed project description
- CV incl. education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- Diploma and transcript of records
Applicants must upload the following documentation:
- A copy of master’s degree diploma (if not available before the application deadline, a pre-approval must be submitted).
- A copy of master’s degree transcript of records (an official description of the grading scale must be included).
- A copy of bachelor’s degree diploma.
- A copy of bachelor’s degree transcript of records (an official description of the grading scale must be included)
- Publication list (if any)
If the master diploma and/or examination records are in another language than English, German, French, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, please include a translation into either of these languages in your application.
The University of Copenhagen reserves the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the above mentioned requirements.
Application Deadline: March 11, 2021