The University of British Columbia (UBC) is currently receiving applications for its Outstanding International Student Award 2024. This award is targeted at outstanding and high performing international students applying to study at UBC.
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this award show strength academically and display involvement outside of the classroom.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
- Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
- Funding Amount: Not Stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Nationality: International Students
To be considered for the UBC Outstanding International Student Award for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your scholarship eligibility)
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong extracurricular involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application process for the UBC Outstanding International Student Award for International Students to note that if they apply to UBC by January 15, they will be automatically considered for the OIS.
Applicants will be considered for this scholarship shortly after they receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024