Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified undergraduate students for The University of British Columbia International Major Entrance Scholarship. International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC.
Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
- Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
- Funding Amount: Not Stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Nationality: International Students
To be considered for the UBC International Major Entrance Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the UBC International Major Entrance Scholarship for International Students are to note that if they apply to UBC by January 15, they will be automatically considered for the IMES.
Applicants will be considered for this scholarship shortly after they receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024