If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of education, science, or culture, then apply for the UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023 for young graduates aimed at enhancing academic knowledge relevant with work assignments that can help the individual prepare for their future career.
The internship offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas and helps in understanding the Organization’s mandate, programmes and main thrusts.
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: 2-6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD Students and Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023 | What to Know
UNESCO is an organization founded on the basis of a partnership approach between the staff member, the manager and the Organization, with staff members encouraged to take the approaches to developing their careers. Individuals aiming to pursue a career in areas of science, culture, or education are encouraged to apply for the UNESCO internship to develop their skills and learn how to apply their knowledge in relevant work assignments.
To be considered for the UNESCO Internship Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Academic qualifications: At the time of your application to the internship programme:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- You have recently graduated with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the Headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023 should proceed to apply online. Applicants will be required to prepare do the following:
- Be able to obtain any necessary visas.
- Must be able to arrange and finance their travel to the location of internship.
- Show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where internship will be undertaken. UNESCO will only provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000
- Medical certificate.
- ID/Certificate of Enrolment/Diploma
Application Deadline: Not specified