TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2022/23 for Developing Countries: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) invites applications from researchers from developing countries for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme. The program aims to encourage competent scientist and researchers from developing countries excel in their field.
In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS has instituted a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. Almost 300 centres have been selected to participate in the Scheme.
Program Sponsor(s): TWAS-UNESCO
Program Location: Centres of excellence in the South (175 in Argentina and 98 in all other developing countries) – see list
Program Type: Associateship
Basic Requirement: PhD
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Developing countries
Also Check: Call for Applications- UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Campaign 2021
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses.
- The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides the research facilities.
Duration of Program:
Appointments have a fixed duration of three years. During this time, the associate is entitled to visit the host centre twice, for a period of 2 to 3 months each time. Subject to the availability of funds, the appointment may be renewed for a further 3-year term.
See Also: IBRAF Fellowship Program for Young Professionals 2021
Application Procedures for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2021 for Developing Countries
Applicants must complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ link (below). While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- the applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the files available here.
Application Deadline: To be Updated
Thank you for sharing great informations