Thomson Reuters journalism internship Program: Thomson Reuters is currently inviting applications from graduate or post-graduate students with backgrounds in journalism to join teams that break news to professional, media, and consumer markets across digital, visual, and traditional platforms.
The internships program offer first-hand reporting experience on the top business, political and general stories reporting on any given day across text and visual platforms. Reuters NABJ interns develop expertise in data-driven journalism and multimedia storytelling and build skills in investigative reporting and generating original story ideas.
Company/Organisation(s): Thomson Reuters
Program Type: Graduate Trainee
Program Location: London, England
Program Duration: 12 months (1 year)
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: B.Sc, HND, M.Sc in Journalism
Nationality: All Nationality
Thomson Reuters journalism internship Program | What to Expect
The internship is geared towards you if you are an early-career reporter, post-graduate or professional exploring a career shift into journalism. This internships are awarded on a rolling basis.
- Work in a nine-month position in New York, Washington, D.C., or another U.S. bureau
- Participate in intensive classroom learning
- Gain mentorship by Reuters senior journalists
- Own your skills in building sources to break news and deliver deeply reported stories in tightly written prose.
To be considered for Thomson Reuters journalism internship Program are required to meet the following criteria:
- OND, HND B.Sc in Journalism
- Have a good communication skills
- Have strong judgment across the file
- Be fluent in English, with strong English writing skills. French or Portuguese is a plus
- Be a fast learner and team player.
- Write fast and accurate headlines under time pressure.
- Monitor a range of sources for key economic, corperate and general news development.
- Readiness to take responsibility for your work and, of course, great communication skills.
How-to-Apply: Your applications are reviewing on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. Please apply using the link in the advert. You will need to submit your CV and any supporting documents.
Start date: These positions start in Autumn 2021 (start dates will be on a rolling basis).
Thomson Reuters is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge fees from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Application deadline: September 20, 2021