The Ian Parry Scholarship in Photojournalism: Applications are welcomed from qualified and eligible candidates for the Ian Parry Scholarship for young photographers who are attending a full-time photographic course.
The scholarship exists to find and support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in the society. Interested applicants who are keen in making a mark in photography are encouraged to apply for the scholarship before the deadline.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Sunday Times, Canon Europe, The Incite Project and Verbatim
Scholarship Type: Partial Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Not applicable
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study level
The Ian Parry Scholarship 2021 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the The Ian Parry Scholarship in Photojournalism 2021/2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
- Must have the passion for professional photography.
- Must be attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years.
- Winners receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London (covid permitting).
- One-year mentorship programme.
- Winners will take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpigan.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Ian Parry Scholarship for Photojournalism 2021/2022 are to apply online before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: July 9th 2021