NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships in Foreign Universities 2021: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is inviting application from suitably qualified candidates for the NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021.
Candidates from the Niger Delta region are advised to take advantage of this opportunity to accomplish their educational goals. Read the scholarship details and follow instruction to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Foreign Universities
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Study level: Masters
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Nigerians (Students from the Niger Delta)
NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 | DETAILS
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
As part of their Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The following are the eligibility conditions and basic requirement for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships in Foreign Universities 2021;
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for Ph.D candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines (below), in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Eligible Disciplines: The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines: Engineering, Agricultural Science, Law, Medical Sciences, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management sciences, ICT, Education, Humanities
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships in Foreign Universities 2021 are to note that:
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognised Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Successfully completed application forms will be assigned registration numbers automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
Interested candidates for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships should note the following;
- The commission will not enter into any form of communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT) or those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful at the oral interviews.
- Preference would be given to candidates from oil producing/bearing communities/local government areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
- The commission will ensure a fair spread of courses among beneficiaries within each state.
- Deferment, change of institution and course are not permitted.
- The commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select applicants in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. the decision of the commission in this regard is final.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (nddc.gov.ng).
- Enquiries: For enquiries, please contact;
Director Education, NDDC
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: Not specified