Swansea University EPSRC and STFC PHD Scholarship in UK: Swansea University is currently accepting applications from eligible and suitably qualified PhD students across the globe who wishes to enrol in a research program at the university. The scholarship is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
The program is a three-year fully funded research program covering UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285. Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of £1,000 per annum covering travel and other research expenses is also provided.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): EPSRC and STFC, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: Swansea University, UK
Scholarships level: PhD
Scholarships Worth: Fully funded
Subject Eligibility: Courses related to research topic
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International Students
Swansea University EPSRC and STFC PhD Scholarship | DETAILS
Swansea University offers a number of awards for students pursuing PhD, MPhil, MRes or Master’s by Research studies. This scholarship is open to UK and international candidates. Please note, international and EU students may have to pay the difference between the home (UK) UKRI fee and the institutional international student fee.
Candidates for the Swansea University EPSRC and STFC PhD Scholarship will be assessed based on the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Candidates must have a First, Upper Second Class Honours or a Master’s degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline.
- For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
- This scholarship is open to UK and international candidates. Please note, international and EU students may have to pay the difference between the home (UK) UKRI fee and the institutional international student fee.
- NB:If you are holding a non-UK degree, please see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet the eligibility.
- If you have any questions regarding your academic eligibility based on the above comparison, please email email@example.com with the web-link to the scholarship(s) you are interested in.
The benefits of the Swansea University EPSRC and STFC PhD Scholarship in UK include;
- This three-year fully funded scholarship covers UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285.
- Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of £1,000 per annum covering travel and other research expenses is also provided.
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates should complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ section of the application form to explain why the award they are applying for particularly matches their skills and experience and how they would choose to develop the project.
- College of Science PGR Scholarship Application
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form_Ffurflen Monitro
- Academic References – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline, as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please either include these with your scholarship application or ask your referees to send them directly to email@example.com
- Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates – academic transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted along with the scholarship application by the funding deadline. We will be using these to verify your academic qualifications.
- A recent CV.
Please email the documents with ‘EPSRC 34 SCHOLARSHIP 2021-2022’ in the email subject header.
Informal enquiries before the deadline for formal applications are welcome by emailing Professor Prem Kumar (S.P.Kumar@Swansea.ac.uk).
Application Deadline: March 14, 2021