Standard Bank Scholarship for Africans 2020: Magdalene College, one of the colleges of Cambridge University – England is inviting applications from students resident in African countries for the Standard Bank Chairman’s Scholarship 2020. The scholarships aim to support postgraduate students of outstanding academic merit and leadership potential, commencing studies in the next academic session.
Scholarships are offered each year to academically excellent candidates holding a University offer for an MPhil with primary nationality from Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Magdalene College/Standard Bank.
Scholarships to be taken at: UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters
Slots: Up to 4 scholarships per year.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits (below).
Subject Eligibility: MPhil programs in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development or Finance and Management..
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students (Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To be qualified for the Standard Bank Scholarship for Africans 2020 at Magdalene College, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from countries listed above (NB: Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa who have been accepted to undertake any of the programs listed above).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have indicated Magdalene College as their first College choice in their University application. Magdalene College will select candidates.
- Applicants holding a University offer for an MPhil with primary nationality as mentioned above
- Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
- Applicants should check all entry criteria for studying Master of Philosophy at Magdalene College.
The scholarships are fully-funded awards that cover University Fees (overseas rate), a full maintenance grant for a single person, and £2,500 travel and settling-in allowance.
Application Procedures for the Standard Bank Scholarship for Africans 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Applications for the Standard Bank Africa Scholarship can be done online by submitting an online application form with two recent academic references details. But first, applicants must take admission to hold an offer for MPhils study at Magdalene College.
Also, applicants have the option of sending their completed application form with all related supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. To use this option, you have to download the form (PDF or Word) and fill it offline.
- You should follow this document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_uoc_application.pdf.
- Accompany the application with any supporting documentation that you consider relevant, such as transcripts and use the following document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_supporting_doc.pdf.
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020