SABMF Scholarship Program for University and Polytechnic Students 2019: As part of its effort to help the education advancement in Nigeria and most especially in the Northern part of Nigeria, the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) hereby invites applications from students of Northern Nigeria Origin in universities and polytechnic for the 2019 Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) Scholarship Program.
The scholarship is targeted at students in their 200 level university undergraduate program and HND 1 students of the polytechnics with excellent academic records. The scholarship is which is valued at N100,000.00 is also renewable every year based on previous academic performance.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF).
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding/Cash Awards
Scholarship level: 200 level university undergraduate and HND one Students
Slots: 200 scholarships to be awarded for the academic session
Scholarship Worth: Successful applicants will be given N100,000.00 for their stipends, books and other expenses.
Subject Eligibility: Science and Technology Courses.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Nigerian students
English Language Requirement: Not Applicable
You May Also Apply For: AUC Future Leaders 2019 Undergraduates Scholarship Scheme to Study in Egypt
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: The following eligibility conditions apply for the SABMF Scholarship Program for University and Polytechnic Students 2019;
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
- Credit in 5 “0” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must be indigenes of the Federal Capital Territory or any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
- A letter of reference from a community leader
- However, meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and candidate’s ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Courses Eligible for the SABMF Scholarship Program for University and Polytechnic Students 2019:
- Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Award Value and Condition for Renewal of the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) Scholarship Award:
- The scholarship award is worth N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand Naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of “Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnic students.
Apply Also For:
- 2019 University Of Hamburg Undergraduate Scholarships Program in Germany
- Kent State University Global Excellence Scholarships in USA 2020
Application for the for the SABMF Scholarship Program for University and Polytechnic Students 2019 – How-to-Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their personal information (not more than one page) in the following below format using MS Word and as an attached document to: [email protected]
- Full Names (in the order of first name, middle named surname)
- GSM phone number (s)
- Email address
- Age, Date of Birth, Place of Birth
- Gender (male or female)
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Name & phone number of a community leader from th applicant’s LGA known to him/her
- Name of University/Polytechnic
- Course of Study & Level
- Scholarship and/or Bursary held currently
- WAEC/NECO Result (list subject and grades)
Short-listing and Screening of Potential Awardees:
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- State of Origin Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copies of admission letters from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid student identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader in the applicant’s LGA.
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 1st July, 2019.
Interested and qualified candidates can now proceed to apply form the scholarships through the link provided.
Recommended Scholarship(s): University of Essex 2019/2020 Scholarships for Africans in UK