SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020/21: Postgraduate students possessing excellent academic record from Sub-Saharan Africa are requested to apply for the 2021 South African-German Centre for Development Research (SA-GER CDR) which offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year. The scholarships are available for candidates applying for a full-time Masters and doctoral studies at the University of Western Cape, South Africa.
Apart from fully funded scholarships in one of the eligible courses, applicants will have the opportunity to participate in a number of mobility scholarships for masters students. These scholarships are aimed at funding a study period in Germany where scholarship holders can participate in a Summer School at Ruhr-University Bochum. Successful applicants will be placed on internship with a German organization working in the field related to their studies.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): South African-German Centre for Development Research
Scholarship to be taken at: South Africa
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, Monthly allowance plus travel allowances of 650 Euro for master’s candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
Subject Eligibility: MSc Development Studies, MSc Public Administration, MA in Development Management, PhD in Development Studies, PhD in Public Policy and Administration.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020/21, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Sahara African country.
- Applicants must have completed and obtained an internationally recognized university in relevant courses from recognized university.
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or similar standard test or letter from an academic institution.
- Applicants must have the willingness to study in a full-time program.
- Applicants should preferably have been involved in development organisations, as interns, volunteers or employees.
- There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within six years of completing their previous degree, unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive.
- Global Excellence Scholarships for Africans at the University of Exeter, 2020
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans 2020-2021
Application Procedures for the SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020/21
Applicants are to apply online and upload an electronic application form accompanied by:
- A letter of application, elaborating the motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A copy of applicant’s passport and Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicants are to submit academic transcript of the last university attended.
- Certified copies of all academic certificates (in case that the graduation takes place only after the deadline expired, please submit a letter from the respective authorities to certify, that the graduation will take place until the end of 2020).
- At least one academic reference letter and if referees insist on sending the references themselves, they have to send it to [email protected], indicating the name of the applicant.
- All PhD applicants are to submit a research proposal of their PhD project.
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2020