Presidential Funding at University of Southampton: Postgraduate students across the globe are invited to apply and awarded the presidential scholarships for postgraduate research studies at the University of Southampton – United Kingdom. The scholarship is for students wishing to commence their doctoral studies by research between 1 August and 1 December 2020.
The Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Presidential Scholarships) fund runs annually and is administered by the Doctoral College. The scholarships will cover full fees, a stipend and a research training and support grant for up to 3.5 years (or 84 months pro rata for part time students).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Southampton
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Southampton, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Fee Cover.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All Research Areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The scholarships are open to students of all nationalities and Postgraduate Research in all subject areas, however, you must;
- Identify the postgraduate programme you wish to apply for; you may for instance need to take a one-year taught course before beginning research work,
- Identify your area of research interest and how this links to our research centre or potential supervisors; you can find more information about our research areas on our research centre page,
- Check that you meet all the entry requirements of the university, plus any specific requirements for your chosen programme,
- If applicable, ensure that you will be able meet any special requirements for international students,
- English Language Requirement: IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each competency. For information on this and other accepted English language tests, please visit www.southampton.ac.uk/admissions_language.
Successful candidates will receive the following academic benefits:
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- A stipend of £15,009 per annum for living costs.
- A research training and support grant of £1,000.
You May Also Like:
Application Procedures for the Postgraduate Research Scholarship – Presidential Funding at University of Southampton – How-to-Apply:
Though there is no formal application for the opportunity s is required of any candidate, but interested persons must take admission in postgraduate degree coursework at the university.
Document Requirements: Candidates must have to submit a resume, degree certificate/s and degree transcript/s, letter of recommendation and two academic references.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020