Population Services International (PSI) Massive Job Recruitments: Are you searching for job employment opportunity? You are hereby invited to apply for the position of Chief of Party at the Organization. Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. The Position is located at Mozambique.
With support from the Government of Mozambique and international donors such as the Royal Netherlands Embassy, DFID, USAID, CIFF and other private foundations, PSI has worked in Mozambique since 1995. The project will support the increase of sustainable access to water and sanitation services in Mozambique. This is available for Graduate applicants.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Job Position: Chief of Party
Institution/Agency: Population Services International (PSI)
Practice Area: Management – PROGRAMME
Job Location: Mozambique
Job Level: Graduate Level Degree
Job Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party applicants will provide technical support to the following functions:
- Oversee the design and implementation of a WASH project that includes strengthening WASH governance, developing the WASH market and accelerating the adoption of key WASH behaviors
- Provide expertise in developing and executing sustainable solutions for increasing demand and supply of WASH products and services, including research on existing markets and barriers to growth.
- Serve as main point of contact/representative of the project to USAID
- Facilitate senior level policy and dialogue with the sub-national governments and relevant Ministries and partners.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting including annual work planning with sub-award partners.
- Contribute to supporting the design and dissemination of innovative solutions for WASH products in Mozambique, including providing effective guidance and support to technical members of the in-country management teams and staff assigned to the project.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds, including finance, and marketing, monitoring, evaluation and learning, in order to successfully co-create and support sustainable models for water and sanitation.
- Develop business plan outlining financial sustainability of the initiative.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments.
- Ensure high-quality periodic reporting in line with USAID and PSI requirements (Quarterly and Annual Status reports, quarterly financial reports etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certificate:
- Masters’ degree or higher in business, management or related field
- Minimum 10 years of successful experience as Project Director or large donor-funded technical assistance teams for project of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries. Progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision of staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- 7+ years’ experience in the WASH sector or providing technical assistance to improve WASH sector performance, ideally in Africa.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, donors, UN agencies, other USAID projects local organizations and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop and manage staff
- Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements, including sub-grants management.
- Knowledge of USG grant implementation is preferred
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day to day operations of the projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent management skills.
- Capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Portuguese is a plus
- References will be required.
- Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the project staff. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
- A connector. You have experience working with Ministries and Governments’ bodies, health care companies, or global health donors. You are able to spot trends and keep the PSI global headquarters informed about health needs and opportunities in Mozambique.
- A Strategist and an innovator. The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative, and strategic thinker, and will have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
Equally Check: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment
Application Procedures for Population Services International (PSI) Massive Job Recruitments
Interested and eligible applicants are required to apply for the Population Services International (PSI) job through online application at the official website.
Application Deadline: Currently Ongoing