POGO-SCOR Fellowship Programme 2021: Applications are invited from scientists, technicians, postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows from developing countries for the POGO-SCOR Fellowship Programme 2021.
The fellowship jointly funded by POGO and the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) is designed to promote training and capacity building towards a global observation scheme for oceans.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Partnership for Observation of the Global Ocean (POGO) and Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)
Host Institution(s): POGO and SCOR
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD, Postdoctoral
Duration: Not specified
Nationality: Developing Countries
Apply for: IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students to Study in Germany 2021-2022
POGO-SCOR Fellowship Programme 2021 | DETAILS
The fellowship aims to advance sustained ocean observations and their applications. It intends to support training in oceanographic observations and offers the fellows the opportunity to visit other oceanographic centre for training on any aspect of oceanographic observations, analyses and interpretation.
To be eligible for the POGO-SCOR Fellowship Programme 2021, applicants must:
- Must be scientists, technicians, postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows of developing countries and countries with economies in transition and involved in oceanographic work.
The following factors will be considered for the fellowship:
- Quality of the application;
- Relevance of the application to the priority areas identified in the Fellowship Announcement (Argo Floats and gliders; fixed-point time-series observations; large-scale, operational biological observations including biodiversity; emerging technologies for ocean observations; data management; coastal observations/ coastal zone management; ocean and coastal modelling; oxygen and other biogeochemical sensors on floats and gliders; optical measurements of living and non-living particles; time series measurements of N2O and CH4); ocean observations and modelling in the Indian Ocean (contributions to IIOE-2).
- Evidence that the training will lead to capacity-building with potential lasting impact on regional observations; and,
- The need to maximise regional distribution of the awards.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the POGO-SCOR Fellowship Programme 2021 are to complete the proposal application template and other supporting documents before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021