IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students: The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) is pleased to announce the 2021-2022 IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students to study in Germany. The fellowships are open to PhD students from Germany and abroad who have at least a masters level degree.
The fellowships are awarded to young academics (doctoral and postdoctoral researchers) from Germany and abroad. Funding is provided for both doctoral and postdoctoral research dealing with the religious, political, social and cultural history of Europe.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Liebniz Institute of European History (IEG)
Host Institution(s): Liebniz Institute of European History (IEG)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Duration: Six months
Nationality: All nationalities
IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students | DETAILS
The IEG Fellowships are jointly funded by the federal and state government of Germany. The fellowships are used exclusively for the purpose of conducting the research project described in the application at the IEG. IEF fellowship for doctoral students have a monthly value of € 1,350.
Fellowship holders whose partners accompany them to Mainz and do not have an income of more than 450 euros per month may receive a family allowance.
To be eligible for the IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students to Study in Germany 2021-2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been pursuing their doctorate for no more than three years at the time of taking up the fellowship, though exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Be willing to return to their home university on completion of the fellowship.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students to Study in Germany 2021-2022 are to complete and email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and a list of publications (if applicable)
- Outline of the Ph.D. thesis (up to 15,000 characters excluding footnotes and spaces)
- Structure of the Ph.D. thesis
- Detailed timetable for the intended stay at the Institute
- Copies of university transcripts and proof of language competence.
- Academic advisor mails up-to-date reference directly to the IEG at: email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021