TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in collaboration with the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology in India is pleased to announce the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship for individuals from developing countries.
The Fellowship is established to support foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research in the field of biotechnology.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): TWAS and DBT
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Duration: 3 to 5 years
Nationality: Developing Countries
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship| ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be considered for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship 2021/22, interested candidates are to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be a national of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university; OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships, be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship 2021/22 are to submit their application through the online portal on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 20 September 2021