OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Postgraduate Researchers, 2020: The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2020 OWSD Early Career Fellowship for women all over the world. The OWSD Early Career Fellowship is a prestigious fellowship award offered to women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
The fellowship programme supports women scientists in their early career to lead important research projects in those countries identified as especially lacking in scientific and technological resources. By supporting 60 Early Career Fellows by December 2021; OWSD will create outstanding network of women scientists with the capacity to provide mentorship and be role models for the next generation of women leaders in STEM.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Development Research Center (IDRC), Canada
Fellowship to be taken at: Low-income Countries
Fellowship level: PhD
Fellowship Worth: USD 50,000
Subject Eligibility: Eligible STEM fields to include Agricultural Science; Astronomy, Space and Earth Science; Biological Systems and Organisms; Chemical Sciences; Computing and Information Technology; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical Sciences; Medical and Health Sciences; Neurosciences; Physics; Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for early career women scientists from eligible low-income countries.
You may also like: 2020 TWAS Research Grants Programme for Individuals in Basic Sciences
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Postgraduate Researchers, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have been resident in one of the Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLC) for at least 5 years.
- Applicants must at the time of application provide proof of being employed at the university or research institute where the research project will be carried out. If employment has not yet commenced, a proof of employment offer and confirmation of acceptance is required.
- Applicants must ensure that the institution where the research project will be carried out must be in one of the listed STLCs.
- Applicants must have obtained a doctoral degree in one of the listed study fields.
- Applicants are to ensure that they provide proof of supporting documents required for the application process.
- 2020 Adam Smith Fellowship for International Students
- University of Kent International Scholarships for Masters Students
Application Procedure for the OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Postgraduate Researchers, 2020
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage and upload all the required documents through the online application system. Applicants are not to email any documentation to OWSD.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2020