Applications are hereby invited from interested candidates for the OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program 2022. The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development.
OPEC is currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. The Institution especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
Program Type: Career Opportunities
Program Location: OPEC Member countries region
Program Duration: 2 years
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduate
Nationality: OPEC member countries
OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program | What to Expect
The YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different fields of work and to access professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments / units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
YPDP participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, a wide range of relevant learning and developmental opportunities, rotation among different departments and benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement.
After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
To apply for OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be OPEC Fund member country national
- Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
How-to-Apply: To be considered for OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program, interested applicants are expected to apply online, and Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with new contact details should they change during the application process
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts
Application Deadline: February 2022