The University of Toronto through School of Graduate Studies is currently inviting applications from exceptional and eligible students for Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International students who wish to enrol in a degree program for 2023-2024 academic session at the University.
The scholarship program at U of T is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and the University of Toronto. The Province allocates OGS awards to universities specifying the number of awards that each may offer to their students annually.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 per session
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
See Also: Monash University K.C. Kuok Scholarship for International Students 2023 (Fully-funded)
Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students | DETAILS
The value of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In all instances, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third the cost of the total award received by the students.
Each scholarship is tenable for one year (i.e., two consecutive or three academic sessions). The value and duration of each OGS award will be determined by the awarding graduate unit and detailed in the offer letter.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program encourages excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. Since 1975, the OGS program has been providing merit-based scholarships to Ontario’s best graduate students in all disciplines of academic study.
To be eligible for Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible for a set number of OGS awards (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis in 2023-2024;
- Have not exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or maximum OGS/QEII support available for their current level of study;
- Have achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student must only demonstrate an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all graduate courses completed.
You May Also Like: University of Bonn Argelander Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded to Germany)
How-to-Apply: Interested Applicants must please submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application. Each graduate unit will have their own internal submission deadline to which applicants must adhere. Prior to applying, applicants should review the OGS Application Instructions.
Once the entire application has been completed and submitted online, it will be made available to the proposed graduate unit for review and consideration.
Application Deadline: June, 01, 2023