Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto for the 2024/2024 academic session aimed at supporting access to graduate education.
The Mastercard Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program for graduate studies at Canada’s leading institution of learning, discovery, and knowledge creation. Interested applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Africans
Mastercard Scholarship at University of Toronto | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Mastercard Scholarship at University of Toronto 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen and currently residing in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Be graduating or have graduated within the last 5 years from a partner institution of the African Higher Education Health Collaborative and have not yet started studies at the graduate level.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership qualities during his/her undergraduate years.
- Be academically admissible to one of the sponsored graduate programs.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to return home following graduation to contribute to the ongoing economic growth and social development in Africa.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2024 at the University of Toronto are to follow the underlisted steps to apply:
Prospective applicants must first consult the admission requirements for their chosen program of study. If you meet the academic requirements of your program of interest, please follow through to step two.
Sign up to attend a scholarship information session and complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application. Ensure that you meet the deadline for submission of the completed application and receipt of all required attachments. If your application for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship meets all criteria and is approved by the Scholarship Admission Committee, you will receive an email to move forward to step three.
Begin your graduate application to the department/program of your interest from the University of Toronto, School of Graduate Studies website. The School of Graduate Studies (SGS) is the central location for graduate applications at the university. Each department and program area will inform you as to the specific requirements of their department and provide you with subsequent dates for the submission of supplementary information. This is an online process that will require you to upload documents to your application. Please follow specifically the instructions of your prospective department once you receive them.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2023