OHCHR Fellowship Programme for Young Africans, 2020: The Office of the High Commissioner, United Nations Human Rights is pleased to announce the 2020 fellowship programme for young people of African descent. The fellowship programme is a three-week intensive learning opportunity for people of African descent from the diaspora engaged in promoting the rights of people of African descent.
The fellowship aims to strengthen participant’s skills to contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
The participants of the fellowship programme will be equipped with the required tools that will enhance the development of legislation, policies and programmes and also collaboration of civil society with governments and also undertake local community awareness.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner
Fellowship to be taken at: Geneva
Fellowship level: Young career Individuals
Fellowship Worth: Economy return-ticket from country of residence to Geneva, Basic health insurance, stipend to cover accommodation and other living expenses.
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline but interested in rights of people of African descent
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for Africans
You may also like: 2020 Adam Smith Fellowship for International Students
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the OHCHR Fellowship Programme for Young Africans, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an individual of African descent living in the diaspora interested in the rights of people of African descent.
- The applicant must have at least a minimum of four years work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- Applicants must have sufficient command of either English or French languages to be able to participate effectively in the programme.
- The applicants must be available to attend the full duration of the programme and are expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
- Postgraduate Scholarship for Africans 2020 at Kampala International University
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2020 for Students of Developing Countries
Application procedure for the OHCHR Fellowship Programme for Young Africans, 2020
Applicants are to submit the following documents as one single email to: email@example.com
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A personal statement of 500 words maximum in which the applicant will explain his/her motivation for applying and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- Completed, signed and scanned application form in one single document.
- An official letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
Applicants are to mention in the subject header of his/her email: “Application for the 2020 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent”.
Application Deadline: 22nd March, 2020