Applications are invited from suitably qualified young South Africans for the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme (NESP) aimed at providing funding for studies in France as well as internship position.
The Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme is a scholarship in France programme offered as a partnership with the French Embassy in South Africa, is a national programme aimed at supporting South African prospective academics to pursue Master’s degrees in areas of need at a Public French university and a 1-year academic internship at a recruiting South African university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): South African Government, French Embassy in South Africa
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Public French Universities
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: South Africans
Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme 2022, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must show interest in becoming an academic
- Be 35 years or younger.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Possess a minimum average of 65% attained in an appropriate Level 8 qualification.
- Show commitment to placement at the recruiting South African University for the full 3 years of the programme (2 years studying at any French public university, and 1 year of internship at the recruiting South African university).
- Eligible Fields of Study: Marine Science Physical-Oceanography, Physics, Chemistry, Information and Communication technology, Statistics.
- Cost of registration and tuition for the Master’s degree
- Guidance and mentorship
- Assistance with potential international mobility experience
- Enhancing your research and teaching abilities
- A year of internship in South African University after completion of the Master’s degree.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme, applicants must submit an online application via the dedicated platform:
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Central University of Technology
Durban University of Technology
Mangosuthu University of Technology
Walter Sisulu University
Application Deadline: 5 August 2022