National Tsing Hua University International Scholarships 2021: Applications are now open for undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships at the National Tsing Hua University – Taiwan. Scholarships are fully-funded for international students applying for a study place at the university either in Spring or Fall 2021.
International students are eligible to apply from the following scholarships or financial support. Scholarships may come from different sources, such as NTHU, government institutions, and private organizations. Please follow the steps and processes required for a particular scholarship program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): National Tsing Hua University.
Scholarships to be taken at: National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Full funding.
Subject Eligibility: All undergraduate and graduate programmes of the university.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
National Tsing Hua University International Scholarships 2021 | General Eligibility Criteria
- All individuals of foreign nationality, who never had a R.O.C. citizenship and do not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are qualified to apply for admission to National Tsing Hua University as an international student.
- The following two exceptions are made for individuals who have lived overseas continuously for more than six years. The six year period shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester for which the applicant is applying (Feb.1st for spring semester or Aug.1st for fall semester). “Overseas” refers to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau; the term “continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
- An individual who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not currently hold and has never held a household registration in Taiwan.
- An individual who, at the time of application, has had their R.O.C. citizenship annulled by the Ministry of the Interior for no less than 8 years.
- Individuals applying under the terms of these two exceptions must have not studied in Taiwan under the status of an Overseas Chinese Students, nor received placement permission through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
- Applicants, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong, Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years, are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
Please refer to the official webpage (link below) for full details of different scholarship programmes offered, their funding breakdown, specific eligibility, how to apply and durations.
Also Refer to: Taiwan International Graduate Program Scholarship 2021
How-to-Apply: To apply for the National Tsing Hua University International Scholarships 2021, follow these steps;
Step 1: Go to NTHU International Student Online Application System
Step 2: Create Your Account
- Create a Login ID (email account) and PIN (Personal Identification Number) to set up an account. Once you have an ID and a PIN, please click “Send.” The system will create an account for you. You cannot begin applying without first setting up your account.
- A valid email is required to continue the process, as this will be our primary means of communication with you. If you do not have a valid email account, please create one before proceeding.
Step 3: Fill Out the Application Information
- The application has five sections, which are “Applicant Information,” “Family Information,” “Education Background, “Language Background,” and “Other Information.” When finished with each section, please click “Save” and then “Next” to proceed.
Step 4: Fill Out Recommenders and Send the Notice
- Fill out your recommenders and click “Send Notice” to proceed.
Step 5: Pay the Fee and Upload Requirements
- Pay the application fees and prepare materials required for uploading. The applicant must upload all application requirements listed on the check list.
Step 6: Confirm and Submit Your Application
- The applicant must confirm and click “Submit” to complete the application.
Step 7：Track Your Application
- After submitting, the applicant can track the application status using the NTHU online system.
Application rounds and deadlines for the National Tsing Hua University International Scholarships 2021 are as follows;
- Spring 2021 Application Period
August 15, 2020 – October 15, 2020 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)
- Fall 2021 Application Period
Undergraduate Admission: November 15, 2020 – February 15, 2021 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)
Graduate Admission: January 1, 2021 – March 15, 2021 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)