Australia Government and a lot of private universities know that it’s their investment in ideas and people that will change the world. This has lead to generous scholarships that may support you and your graduate research, so you can focus on what’s important; studying. Hence, we have made a list of some of the topmost Australia Scholarships for International Students
On this page, you will discover our scholarship listing for popular Australia study destinations. Additionally, you will find information on general eligibility requirement to earn a scholarship in Australia.
Most Desired Australia Scholarships for International Students
Below are the top scholarships in Australia listed for international students. These scholarships are either funded by government, corporate bodies or top universities in Australia.
Government Awarded Australia Scholarships:
1.) Australia Awards Scholarship
Value: 100% full funding
Duration: Period of study
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries. This program leads the way when mentioning Australia Scholarships for International Students
The scholarship benefits generally include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and a number of other things.
2.) IPRS Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Value: $110,000 for duration of study.
Duration: 3 years.
The IPRS program enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarships are available for a period of two years for a Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees and health cover costs.
Entry for this scholarships are usually accepted between 1 January and 30 June while recipients commence their research program in Semester (this is not a fixed schedule).
3.) Destination Australia Scholarships
Value: up to $15,000 per year
Duration: duration of study
The Australian Government is set to begin awarding a number of scholarships yearly to deserving Domestic and international students across universities in Australia. The scholarship will be award across all level of education beginning from Certificate IV to Masters Level.
Over $17 million in grants is available under 2021 to support scholarships for up to four years $4-24 million per year for four years) announced by the Hon Dan Tehan Minister for Education.
Application timelines for Destination Australia Scholarships are usually dependent on applicant’s chosen school.
4.) Research Training Program (RTP)
The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process. Applicants have to contact their chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme. It is one lucrative Australia Scholarships for International Students
University Awarded Australia Scholarships:
5). University of Sydney International Scholarships (USD)
Valued: Up to $50,000 per annum.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) is funded by the University of Sydney and provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enrol in or are currently enrolled in a research degree at the University. These scholarships are either co-funded by the university partners.
6.) University of Adelaide International Scholarships
Value: AUD28, 092
Duration: duration of study
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education particularly at the postgraduate study level (Masters or Doctorate degree by research). Scholarships are awarded yearly as a way of incentive to attract the international study community and as well as a support program to encourage outstanding academic performances.
7.) Universities of New South Wales International Scholarships
Value: full/partial tuition fee payment
UNSW offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students commencing full-time study at the course. Some scholarships will provide a full or partial tuition fee payment, while others provide a stipend to assist with the costs associated with your studies.
You will receive confirmation of any scholarship award with your offer letter. Applicants must pay the minimum deposit stipulated in the offer letter by the date stated on the acceptance form in order to secure their scholarship.
8.) University of Queensland’s Global Excellence Science Scholarships
Value: Full Funding
Duration: duration of study
The University of Queensland International Science Scholarships are focused at exceptionally insightful science undergraduate and graduate students wishing to study at the university. The scholarship is awarded across a wide range of courses in the Sciences.
9.) CDU Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships
Value: 25% or 50% of the tuition fees.
Charles Darwin University (CDU) offers the Vice-Chancellor International High Achievers Scholarships to international students who have a record of academic excellence, and want to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Charles Darwin University Australia, and seeks to Make Positive Impact in the world.
10.) Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The vice-chancellor’s international scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit to future students. It provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University. Application for scholarships is ongoing (annual) while course starts in normally in July (may not be fixed).
See Also: 15 Full Scholarships to Study in Australia without IELTS/TOEFL
General Requirements to Study in Australia
To benefits from this list of most desired scholarships in Australia for International Students, here are a few of the eligibility requirements you will want to consider important. Although, different scholarship programs may have their specific eligibility requirements.
- You must be an international student with a student visa, which means you should not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- You also must have received an offer of admission or and be commencing in any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Letter of Offer (conditional).
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate English Package Offer.
- Applicants must meet the University’s academic and English language entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Applicant should have a minimum overall score of 85% in their highest completed qualification (in case of merit scholarships).
- The application must have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential.
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for Postgraduate applications; or a minimum ATAR equivalent of 85 for Undergraduate applications.
- Be a within specified age range.
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a student visa).
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements.
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.).
Check Also: 10 Eligibility Tips to Note When Applying For Australia Awards Scholarships
I hope you enjoyed the tips above, because we enjoyed sharing it with you, so drop your questions, comments, or maybe disagreements on the comment section. We will love to hear from you.
I’m interested in scholarship please I need your help please because I have no one paying my school fees so I need your consideration and thanks.
I want to study in Australia
iam a bacherlor of arts, (subjects- social science, Geography) Iam following postgraduate diploma in Social Science(English medium), I have done Ielts exam-overall 5.o-speaking 6.0, writinh5.0, Listening 5.0, Reading4.0, I have 5 years experience as a government School Geograpy teacher, i will hope to do a master digree in county
I am interested
[…] Also Apply for: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students (2021 List) […]
[…] Recommended: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Apply […]
[…] You may like: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Look Out for in 2020 […]
[…] See Also: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Look Out for in 2020 […]
[…] See Also: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Look Out for […]
[…] Also: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Look Out for in […]
[…] You Should See: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students to Look Out for in 2020 […]