Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship 2021 at Harvard Kennedy School: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship 2021 at the Harvard Kennedy School. The Middle East Initiative offers one-year fellowships for research related to Middle Eastern governance and public policy.
The Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship Program as part of the Emirates Leadership Initiative offers this fellowship for researchers at the pre-doctoral, post-doctoral and junior faculty level for research related to Middle Eastern governance. All fellowships carry a stipend.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Emirates Leadership Initiative
Fellowship to be taken at: Harvard Kennedy School Belfer Center
Fellowship Level: Pre-doctoral, Post-doctoral, Junior Faculty Researchers
Fellowship Benefit: Stipend of $40,000 (pre-doctoral) and $58,000 (postdoctoral)
Subject Eligibility: Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology and other social science disciplines
Country Eligibility: All Countries
Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship 2021:
- Applicants for the pre-doctoral fellowships must have passed general examinations, advanced to candidacy, received dissertation prospectus approval, and concluded all necessary fieldwork for the dissertation by the time of application.
- Applicants who expects to complete their Ph.D. program prior to the fellowship can apply for a postdoctoral appointment, noting that postdoctoral fellowship offers are contingent upon submitting proof of Ph.D. completion prior to the September 1st fellowship start date.
- Applicants must have research proposals related to Middle Eastern governance and public policy.
- Applicants must note that priority will be given to applications pursuing one of the following focus areas: Improving Governance, Building Peace, Revitalizing the State, Broadening Financial and Labor Markets, Governing Technology, Adapting to Environmental Challenges.
Eligible applicants for the Middle East Initiative Research Fellowship 2021 are to apply online and submit the following application requirements.
- Unofficial transcript (pre-doctoral fellow applicants only)
- Research Statement (3-5 pages)
- Writing sample (less than 50 pages) with abstract of 300 words or less which can be a journal article, book chapter, dissertation chapter, white paper produced in your field.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021