Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa) and the Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources.
CMU-Africa is part of a global network of 33 Scholars Program partners, comprised of institutions committed to developing Africa’s young leaders. Upon completion of the program, the Scholars go on to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): CMU-Africa and Mastercard Foundation
- Host Institution(s): Carnegie Mellon University Africa
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Graduates
- Nationality: International Students
To be considered for CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be in financial need
- Academic talent: Scholars value learning and have the drive to complete their education
- Commitment to giving back: Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to improving their communities
- Potential to lead: Scholars will become role models, mentors, and change-makers
- Applicants must first be admitted to one of CMU-Africa’s degree programs.
Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers application preparation support, orientation, tuition and fees, health insurance, travel and basic living expenses, project, and entrepreneurship support. Scholars also have access to a range of resources that support their well-being and academic success.
- Scholars benefit from tailored activities to prepare them for the workplace. Throughout their studies, they participate in professional development activities including, but not limited to, internship and career fairs, networking opportunities with industry leaders, one-on-one career coaching that prepare them to pursue their goals upon graduation.
- Leadership development: Scholars develop leadership skills through participation in student clubs, community service, and a variety of programs that equip students to become change-makers.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application procedures for CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, there are two steps to apply to CMU-Africa:
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023