L’Oreal Foundation-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme: Applications are requested from suitably qualified women scientists for the L’Oreal Foundation-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme 2021.
For Women in Science Programme is an annual programme created to support and highlight the achievements of younger women in who are in the early career stages of their scientific career. These exceptional researchers are rewarded for the important contributions to the scientific discipline.
L’Oreal Foundation-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme | DETAILS
Since 2000, the L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme honours every year, eminent women scientists from 5 regions of the world. In additional to financial support (€15,000) and international recognition, the young women also benefits from a leadership training that is complementary to their academic background and essential to fight against discrimination.
To be eligible for the L’Oreal Foundation-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Having obtained a Ph.D. degree in Formal sciences, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree at a South African university in one of the 9 provinces
- Be a South African citizen.
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in South Africa.
The following selection criteria will be considered when selecting candidates:
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records-including number, quality and impact of the publications (impact factor to be submitted).
- Conference presentations and patents.
- The Scientific quality of the research project.
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the L’Oreal Foundation-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme 2021 are to log into their account to apply.
- Create your account: If it is not already done, create your account and log in.
- Set up your profile: Specify in your profile the program you wish to apply for (Update my profile> My personal information). This step is essential in order to access the application form.
- Apply to the program: From the program’s call for application page (accessible from the world map, in the‘National and Regional Programs‘ tab) click on the “Apply now” button
Application Deadline: Not specified