Local Pathways Fellowship Award Programme 2021: Applications for the 2021 cohort of the Local Pathways Fellowship Award Programme is now open for interested applicants. The fellowship seeks to provide young leaders with a platform, a guiding framework for action, and connect them with leading development experts and practitioners.
By way of recognizing youths as critical players in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and building on the successes of previous cohorts of the Local Pathways Fellows, the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is recruiting its 2021 cohort of Local Pathway Fellows.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): SDSN Youth
Fellowship to be taken: Globally
Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship Benefits
Fellowship Slot: 100
Subject Eligibility: Not specified
Country Eligibility: All nationalities
You may also like: EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme 2021
Local Pathways Fellowship Award Programme 2021 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Local Pathways Fellowship Award Programme 2021, applicants must:
- Applicants must be interested in working with a network of young thought leaders, urban planners, sustainability advocates, researchers and innovators from 100 different cities across the world to advance local dialogue, collaboration and problem solving around the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application
- Applicants must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship
- Applicants must be fluent in English and the local language of the cities they represent.
- Applicants must be ready to commit the minimum of 5-7 hours each week on average.
- Must have a stable internet connection.
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement and advocacy.
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
- Global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development
- Opportunities to develop expertise and also access a vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
How-to-Apply: Applicants are to complete the online application for the Local Pathways Fellowship Award Programme 2021.
Application Deadline: Ongoing