The King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) Deanship of Graduate Studies is delighted to announce that KFUPM offers full MS and PhD scholarships to deserving graduate applicants who have shown a strong aptitude for carrying out original research in the fields of engineering, science, and business.
The online application portal is open twice every academic year. All interested and eligible, local and International candidates are invited to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
Host Institution(s): KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
Scholarship Worth: Full Scholarship
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: MSc & PhD degree
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
DETAILS | KFUPM Full Masters and PhD Scholarships
To provide special support for research in focused areas of interest to Saudi Arabia, KFUPM has established 13 Research Groups in Science and Engineering areas. Also provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the National Centres for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec/).
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration.
To be eligible for KFUPM Full Masters and PhD Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be home or international students.
- Applicants must have a four-year Bachelor’s (B.S.) Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- Applicants must have a Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent (For Scholarship Applicants) or 2.50 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent (For Non-Scholarship Applicants).
- Completion of TOEFL with a minimum score of 520 (PBT), 190 (CBT) or 70 (IBT). The TOEFL score must be sent directly to the Deanship of Graduate Studies (KFUPM code is 0868). IELTS is also acceptable (min 6.0).
- Applicants must have Two letters of recommendation, preferably from the faculty who taught the applicant university-level courses. [to be submitted through the online recommendation system]
- Satisfactorily meeting any additional departmental or university admission requirements.
After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before the Deadlines through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application.
Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed:
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Application Deadline: September 04, 2022