Japanese Government Scholarship in Marine Plastic Abatement for Developing Countries: The Asian Institute of Technology is pleased to announce the Master’s program on Marine Plastic Abatement (MPA) through the one time support from the Government of Japan. The program intends to train a new generation of environmental leaders to combat the ocean plastic litter problem through advanced technologies and sound management practices.
The scholarship covers the tuition and registration fees; provides bursary and accommodation allowances, medical insurance, visa renewal fee, research grant as well as return air fare from home country. Applicants who are passionate about advancing their career in environmental studies are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Japan
Scholarship to be taken at: Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded Scholarship
Subject Eligibility: Marine Plastic Abatement; Environment and resources
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from developing nations
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Japanese Government Scholarship in Marine Plastic Abatement for Developing Countries, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries and must fulfil the requirements for entry into Asian Institute of Technology.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must possess English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must apply for one year Master’s program in Marine Plastic Abatement Program of School of Environment, resources and Development.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conducts of students at the Asian Institute of Technology.
- Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020/21
- 2020 Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme
Application Procedures for the Japanese Government Scholarship in Marine Plastic Abatement for Developing Countries
Applicants are to complete the online application form before the application deadline and also upload relevant supporting documents.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020