Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University: By applying to Asia Pacific University (APU) you stand a chance to be awarded the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for fully funded study in Japan. The scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students recommended by APU.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) is the sponsor of the scholarship in Japan to enhance international competitiveness as well as promote the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities. Successful scholars will enjoy 100% tuition waiver and monthly stipend.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
Scholarship to be taken at: APU, Japan
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Scholarship Slot: Not specified
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: Countries the world over
MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas. Applicants must be an international student.
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1987
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university.
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University 2022 are to submit an application for admission to APU by November 17, 2021 (for September 2022 Enrolment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
Selected applicants will be required to complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2021