Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2021-22: Applications are hereby invited from qualified young researchers for the Japan International Award for Agricultural Researchers in developing countries 2021-22.
The Japan Award which was started in 2007 is presented and organized by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan with support from Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). The award is to increase motivation among young researchers towards contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and allied industries in the developing nations.
Grant Sponsor(s): Japan Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and JIRCAS
Grant to be taken at: Developing Regions
Grant level: Early Career Researchers
Grant Worth: $5,000
Subject Eligibility: Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Related fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The grant is for researchers in developing countries
Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers in Developing Countries, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be researchers who are nationals of developing countries and/or territories and belong to non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university.
- Applicants should not be older than 40 years of age as at 1st January, 2021.
- Applicants should be passionate about and be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment.
- Applicants for the Japan Award must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan in 2020.
- Applicants are to ensure that the grant is put into proper use to the furtherance of the research goal of the grant.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers are to visit the official application webpage of the grant and complete the various forms. The forms include the Application form, Self-Advertisement Sheet and the List of Research Achievements.
- Applications must be submitted by the recommending research institute.
- Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute including its branches.
- The application must include supporting materials that substantiate the candidate’s achievements, such as the applicant’s most important research papers (three items),technical handbooks, patent applications or utility models, newspaper articles etc., and the entire publication list directly related to the applicant’s research.
Applicants are to submit their application by post to:
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
Information and Public Relations Office, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan
Application Deadline: 22 March, 2021