ITU/UNOSSC Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge: The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) is pleased to announce the ITU/UNOSSC Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge 2021.
The challenge will identify scalable innovative digital solutions that will enable countries, societies, communities, institutions and individuals from the Global South to deal with the effects of the pandemic.
ITU/UNOSSC Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge | DETAILS
The Challenge objective is to promote South-South cooperation by replicating or scaling up existing innovations with a potential partner/country in the South. The Challenge will provide a mentorship scheme to increase the potential/capabilities of the selected proposals/teams to scaling up innovations across developing countries.
To be considered for the ITU/UNOSSC Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge 2021, applicants must:
- Only legally registered organizations/institutions from developing countries are eligible to participate in the challenge.
- Challenge is open to governments, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, private sector and start-ups, research institutions, academia and civil society organization (CSOs).
- Applying organizations/institutions must have an existing project or minimum viable product that is a digital solution and promotes cooperation by replicating or scaling up existing innovations with a potential partner/country in the South.
- Attend a virtual boot camp to further refine their plans and milestones.
- Seed funding up to USD 25,000, mentorship and training support.
- Be eligible for additional funding and resource mobilization support.
- Opportunity to present virtually their digital innovation solutions/prototypes at UNOSSC’s annual Global South-South Development (GSSD) Expo and ITU’s 2021 Global Innovation Forum.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the ITU/UNOSSC Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge 2021 are to register their solution and email their application form to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15 July 2021